Written by Daniel Seow - Founder and Author
As the first anniversary of the release of our first book approaches, I reflect on the past year and the success we have had. In one year, we have:
1. Sold more books than our very modest expectations, including in four continents;
2. Released a second book, doubling what we dared to hope we could achieve in our first year;
3. Have grown to a group of six passionate team members who are working on numerous new books and products for you;
4. Tackled two, soon to be three, different themes and we have grown the original cast of characters with even greater diversity and inclusion;
5. Laid the foundation of what we hope will become the go to "How To" brand for parents to share with their kids.
Many of you may not know the story behind how this all started, the story is a simple one. One August day in 2017, my son Paddington, was born and in his arrival lay the inspiration for the whole project. As a father I am keen to inspire and teach my son about practical life skills early in life, so I searched for books in preparation that I could share with him.
What I discovered was there were hardly any books which I believed fit this profile and those that I did find were one-off books. I was looking for a series that I could consistently go to for different skills and themes. One librarian I asked said she had not come across many books that I was describing and those were generally targeted at an older audience, for high-schoolers.
"You may have to write it yourself" she said.
We started with the Kid Entrepreneur Picture Book. Why, you ask? It was the book I wanted to write for my son as my career has been in both traditional and socially-minded businesses.
I would be proud if he would one day become as passionate as me about social entrepreneurship but I will be happy if he chooses any of the themes we cover in our books and finds his own passion in it.
Have you enjoyed our books and digital content? Would you like to join our team? Or what practical life skill would you like us to cover in the future?
I would love to read your thoughts, please comment below.
Thank you so much for your support.
Keep updated with everything Here's How You Can Too! here via this news blog. We will let you know about new books, content, events, competitions, products and activities.